Mt. Hiei is lying on the border between Kyoto and Shiga prefecture.
L’Hotel de Hiei is the one and only mountaintop hotel located at an altitude of about
650 meters and convenient access from the West to the East regions.
About 20 min drive taking a toll road from Kyoto city. There is a viewpoint for Biwa lake and enjoy the thrilling ride through the clouds along the way to L’Hotel de Hiei. We offer hotel guests a free ticket for “Mt. Hiei Driveway”.
During winter season the roads may freeze. Please prepare for snow tires or chain equipment to drive safely.
Arrive in about 30 min by train or taxi from Kyoto station. A free shuttle bus is available from Kyoto station.
- Kyoto station : Karasuma Exit. Stand C6.
- Sanjyo-Keihan station : Stand 10.
- Keihan Demachi-Yanagi : Kamo-ohashi-higashitsume
(East side of Kawabata-imadegawa) stand.
* Bus service is closed during the winter season.
Please take “Hieizan drive bus( Kyoto bus・Keihan bus ) to Hieizan sanchou-iki. (Hieizan summit.) ” From each bus stands.
Free shuttle bus
Supporting a comfortable journey with a shuttle bus connecting Kyoto station to Mt. Hiei.
We offer a free shuttle bus everyday at a set time from L’Hotel de Hiei to JR Kyoto station and Enryakuji-Temple.
After your stay, you can head to Kyoto city to explore or stroll around Enryakuji and Sakamoto Monzen city. Take advantage of this service according to your travel plan.
* Pick up and drop off is by appointment only. Please contact the hotel at least one day in advance.
* Telephone number for inquiries 075-701-0201
- Free of charge
|From Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit||Departure from the hotel|
* A shuttle bus is available from Roterde Hiei and our staff will take you there.
* It may not be possible to participate due to events at Enryaku-ji.